[Dixielandjazz] Reg Owen

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:52:23 PDT 2014

"This blatantly obvious attempt to duplicate (as far as the melody
permitted) the big-band arrangement that had worked so well on British
conductor Owen's previous release....the top-10 instrumental
"Manhattan Spiritual"." (the blurb accompanying the YouTube version).

While watching the Thrift Set Orchestra videos I came across "Down by
the Riverside" by Reg Owen and His Orchestra.  It was a surprise - I
didn't know he played with a big band!  So far, I've mostly known him
from the George Webb band.

Cheers