[Dixielandjazz] Jazz concert in Armenia

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Oct 20 03:15:14 PDT 2014

Bill sent a link to a video of:

>KOHAR with Stars of Armenia perform "Miananq Ergov", during the concert in
Yerevan, Armenia on 28 May 2011 at the Liberty Square.

We've had that link on djml in the past.  It is a curious video as there are
vocals that are not heard, etc.  Must be a promotional video.

My son has visited Yerevan twice in the past two years, and is insisting
that my wife & I accompany him on his next trip this coming May.  He has
gone there with his company & they have been wooed by the Prime Minister,
the National Choir (appearing/singing along trails in the mountains leading
to a picnic lunch prepared for his company mates), and a private concert by
a pianist known as the "father of Armenian Jazz", whose name has slipped
from my memory at the moment.

The occasion for my possible visit to Armenia will be the 100th anniversary
of the massacres that took place in Turkey/Armenia in which various members
of my family died, and my grandmother barely escaped from during her jouney
to the coast of Turkey to get a ship to the U.S (alone, and only 15 yrs
old).

Similar stories can be told by countless people who arrived in the U.S. &
other countries in the past.

I just might go to Yerevan to feel out what my son has said is an amazing
place.  Looks like it, if this video is to be believed.  Great to see so
many people that all look like my relatives!   :>

Jim Kashishian