[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Standards, Sweet Georgia Brown

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 16 22:15:08 PDT 2014

Graham Martin wrote:
> I am really mystified about the, "There has to be at least one made between 1925 and 2014.

Dear Grah,
As you also noted, I was looking for a "knockout rendition".
And, yes, although you and I would have a lot in common musically, we would differ occasionally.
As it should be in our jazz family.
I did note your comment that SGB suited trombone.
Evident during my sampling of about 20 versions, including a few of those on your own list.
So, thank you for the George Chisholm link.
He is one of my favourites and that one was new to me.
The very thing I was looking for.
Good one young Graham.
I agree with you regarding the annoying YouTube adverts, but it a very handy source when discussing a particular recording via email.
And saves time digging out the disc to turn into an mp3.
Ha, another thought occurred to me.
Maybe, SGB is not a great favourite of mine, particularly without its verse.
Very kind regards,
Bill.