[Dixielandjazz] Black And Blue

John Gill smokewagon at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 13:09:16 PDT 2014

 HiSometime in the 50's maybe, Andy Razaf the original lyricist for this tune wrote a new set of lyrics and the tune was re-published as "Alone And Blue". I have a copy somewhere. I sang the revised lyrics for awhile until I got sick of people telling me they preferred Fat's original words and not my politically correct ones. I tried to tell them that Fats didn't write the lyrics and that Andy Razaf did the revision but to no avail. Oh where would we be without the general public.John Gill