[Dixielandjazz] FW: "Black and Blue" lyric

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Wed Oct 1 08:15:14 PDT 2014

when May sings it, even the kids cry.  mind you, we prefix this by
explaining where the song came from in the musical, and then what
Louis Armstrong did with it in Ghana, but I think even without that,
May (who is Chinese) brings a great deal of her own hurt into it and
that makes all the difference. (and she sings "white inside", but with
an edge ;) )

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*