[Dixielandjazz] FW: "Black and Blue" lyric

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Oct 1 07:56:40 PDT 2014

Richard wrote:
>Before I have to write my own lyric, has anyone got words a white guy can
sing without getting a visit from the PC cops?

Dunno about PC cops, but I don't see how someone white can pull off singing
that song.  You'd have to give it a new title, also!  It's such a beautiful
tune, why not leave it as an instrumental?  I don't sing it (for the above
reasons), and most of our audiences don't even understand English!  It just
wouldn't seem right to me...

Jim