[Dixielandjazz] Red Hot Jazz alternative

Patrice Champarou patrice.champarou at free.fr
Mon Nov 17 12:10:35 PST 2014

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Dave Radlauer
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 8:20 PM
To: Patrice Champarou
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Red Hot Jazz alternative

> Gary --

> The guy stopped supporting the site years ago, and its gradually died on
> the vine.

Ten years ago, or more exactly in April 2004, and every attempt to get in
touch with him (including interaction with the site's "technical" guy)
miserably failed.
I could not find time to introduce myself since I joined this list (a couple
of hours ago, after some messages were forwarded to ours), I happen to be
the founder/owner of the RedHotJazz Yahoo group, a project which received
Scott Alexander's approval and active support before he... vanished without
warning - and without leaving the "keys" to anyone.
Some of us have been discussing the idea of restoring and updating the dying
webiste for years, but if someone among the members of this group is willing
to undertake the job, I will not be by any means jaleous, rather relieved, I
have nothing to claim (except maybe some apologies for publicly aping my
words).
Unless this "someone" has an oveweighted ego, I rather think the project of
rescuing the Red Hot Jazz website in terms of co-operation than
competition - and I would be delighted if the missing audio .ra files had
been saved before they were - not gradually, but all of a sudden - corrupted
or removed. I have kept the remaining 50%, but replacing them by good old
mp3's and sending the Realplayer back to hell wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,

Patrice

I'll invite you to my modest alternative JAZZ RHYTHM site:
http://jazzhotbigstep.com/104.html

My site is laid out quite differently and is different functionally, but I
think you'll find it still covers some of the same vintage jazz, with a
strong Frisco accent.

Dave Radlauer

hm# 510-848-8323
cell# 510-717-5240