[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:43:29 PST 2014

Last Thursday several friends and I went to hear Lillian Boutte at the
Tel-Aviv Museum.
I don't usually go to shows featuring singers - I prefer my music
instrumental.  But I made an exception for Miss Boutte, one of the best
singers around.  True, I had enough after an hour, but I thought it was
only half an hour - that's how good it was.
Not too crazy about her guitarist, Denny Ilett, as  Ido not like wailing
electric quitars, even if his has a real resonance box, but this rest
applies to his solos only.  The rhytm section (an Israeli bass player was ,
and so, I presume, are the others), including the guitarist, was very good,
as was Koby Solomon on clarinet and tenor sax.
I must admit I admire Miss Boutte's stamina - dancing around and singing
for an hour and a half (oh, she didn't hog the mike and left room for
solos).
Another enjoyable evening.
The next concert in the Hot Jazz series I'll attend will be by the boogie
woogie pianist Silvan Zingg in March.  I have subscription for the Thursday
concerts, but I'll probably go to Zappa Herzlia two days earlier as well.
Cheers