[Dixielandjazz] Question about Did I Remember

Charlie Hull charlie at easysounds.com
Sun Nov 2 10:13:41 PST 2014

/On 11/2/2014 5:58 AM, Andy Ling wrote://
//
//The sheet is in Eb. In the last two bars of the second 8, leading into
the bridge, the melody note is an F with the chords Eb9 Gm7b5, C7.
Whilst this can be made to work, I wondered if the melody note should
really be an Eb. What do others play?/

The sheets I have all show the F, which is the 9th of the dominant 7th
chord leading into the bridge.  The other two chords are passing,
reflecting the piano sheet music arrangement.

Poplowski played the F, but it's a G on his Bb horn.

Charlie Hull