[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Music Festival & Jubilee 2014

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu May 29 15:38:17 PDT 2014

Article In The Sacramento Bee

Remember that the Rock, Blues and Zydeco are supporting the festival and enabling us to continue having Jazz.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/24/6430556/sacramento-music-fest-continues.html#

But, do not dispare. I booked a whole lot of Classic Jazz. It was a great Festival.

We had Madiri Brothers and Grand Dominion back after not being here for several years.

Also High Sierra, Blue Street, Dixie Company from Poland who got standing ovations on most all of their 10 sets.

In fact, here is a partial list of bands and musicians who are of the Trad Jazz ilk.

Allen Vache

Au Brothers Jazz Band

Beth Duncan Quintet

Bill & Eddie

Blue Street Jazz Band

Bob Draga

Bob Schulz Frisco Jazz Band

California Repercussions

Claudette Stone Quintet

Dan Barrett

Danny Coots

 Dave Bennett & the Memphis Boys

Dave Bennett Quartet (Tribute to Benny Goodman)

Dave Stone

Dixie Company Jazz Band (Poland)

Dr. Bach & the Jazz Practitioners

Eddie Erickson

FreeBadge Serenaders

Fulton Street Jazz Band

Gordon Au

Grand Dominion Jazz Band

Hal Smith

High Sierra Jazz Band

Hot Club of Cow Town

Hot Ticket

James Garner (Kash Tribute)

Jason Wanner

Jay Paulus' Society Band

Jazz N Samba Duo- featuring Steve & Francesca Homan

Johnny Varro

Kathy Morrow Quartet

Kyle Hernandez Jazz Quartet

Marty Eggers

Meschiya Lake and the Lil’ Big Horns

Midiri Brothers Orchestra

Mumbo Gumbo

Night Blooming Jazzmen

Old West Trio

Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society, LMTD

Pat Yankee

Ray Skjelbred and his Cubs

Red Skunk

Royal Society Jazz Orchestra

Sacramento Banjo Band

Sacramento State Latin Jazz Ensemble

Shelley Burns & Avalon Swing

Side Street Strutters with Meloney Collins

Sister Swing

Stephanie Trick Trio

Tom Rigney and Flambeau

Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue

Vaud and the Villains

Vince Bartels All-Stars aka: The Migrant Jazz Workers

Zydeco Flames

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."
-- Lawrence Peter (Yogi) Berra