[Dixielandjazz] The Creole Jazz Band Fakebook

Kevin Yeates kyeates at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 17:08:01 PDT 2014

A couple of years ago I created The Creole Jazz Band Fakebook
which consists of out of copyright tunes. It has proven to be reasonably
popular but also riddled with errors. The lads in the band have been working through
the tunes with me to fix the errors. I have also received a lot of input from
people who are using the book. Thank you to those people.
I am now preparing the new and improved edition with,
hopefully, all of the errors corrected.  I have also added a few tunes as well and have
included the verses for a few others.

If you have the time and patience I would appreciate
assistance from anyone who is prepared to look at the proposed contents of the
book and let me know what you would like to see included that I have missed.
Please note, the tune must be out of copyright. You can download the proposed
contents at

http://creolejazzband.com/Fakebook%20Contents

I am also thinking of taking it out of a basic alphabetical order
and putting it into groups of ten tunes that, if played in order, would make a
reasonable set for a band to play. This would result in the book containing
almost 20 sets for a band. The index
would still allow you to find any tune you want.

If anyone is inclined to put a bit of time into assisting me
I have two questions:
1) Do you think there is any benefit in setting it up by
sets?
2) If so, how would you structure the sets? i.e. list the
tunes in the order you would want to see them

Once I have it all corrected I will post it again on my
website for anyone to download.

Kevin Yeates
Vancouver, Canada