[Dixielandjazz] a strathclyde stomper

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 16 16:12:15 PDT 2014

ROBERT R. CALDER wrote [in part]:
> Reminds me of a tv drama series about the revival of a rock band, but the thought of a trad band film with the same star makes the mind boggle. His screen name is Robbie Coltrane.

Dear Robert,
I also recall that 1987 6-hour miniseries about The Majestics, but had to look up it's name: "Tutti Frutti".
At the time, I also imagined a 'trad' band version.
And immediately thought of the UK Mick Mulligan Magnolia Jazz Band, based on the events in George Melly's book "Owning Up".
Plus first hand stories told to me by two Australian members of that group, Paul Simpson (ex-London) and Ian Pearce from Hobart, Tasmania.
Very kind regards,
Bill.