[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: confirm 19381d2050d44debb4c617baa5358a563f982815

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Fri May 16 07:19:34 PDT 2014

Actually, Mike and others, if his mail was being rejected, accounting for
the bounce notices, he may not have seen them until he requested
reinstatement.   A couple of the biggies have changed the way their
anti-spam detects potential spam.  Under the new way, if I understand it
correctly and can describe it correctly, mail to a person is rejected if
that mail originates at a different server from the server that is sending
out the mail.  Of course this is the way all mail lists work.  Hence the way
we have to make sure we reply to the list otherwise our message only goes to
the original sender of the message, not the mailinglist.  When the incoming
server starts rejecting mail for this reason, the excessive numbers of
bounces triggers the message some people have been getting, especially those
on AOL and Yahoo.  I believe G mail is not affected.   What needs to be done
is to change the way The DJML server sends out mail such that it looks like
it always originates from and only from DJML.  We loose the ability to reply
directly to the sender as easily, and indeed the sender's name does not
appear as obviously as it does now, making it very important to always sign
your e-mail.  I hope Dave and Bob are aware of this problem and that someone
at DJML can make the necessary change.

Ron L