[Dixielandjazz] The Kim Sisters

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Mar 29 11:38:33 PDT 2014

Presenting... The Kim Sisters
KNPR (Nevada), March 27, 2014
They called themselves "The Kim Sisters" -- three lovely ladies from Korea with matching
dresses, slick up-dos, and big smiles. They sang and danced in the spirit of the
Andrews Sisters, and America loved it. Ed Sullivan had them on his show 21 times,
and they performed at the Stardust and Thunderbird Hotels. One of the surviving sisters,
Sook-Ja "Sue" Kim Bonifazio, joins us to talk about showbiz in the 1960s, how they
were successful in an era of all-white groups, and how three little Korean girls
who used to sing for U.S. troops made it big in America.
17-minute segment:
http://www.knpr.org/son/archive/detail2.cfm?SegmentID=11077

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551
“As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.” ~ John Glenn