[Dixielandjazz] Dukes - Louis

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Mar 20 14:45:24 PDT 2014

I’ve mentioned before on here, but we do have some new members (And a few who probably can’t remember what they ate for breakfast, let alone what I posted a year or two ago (grin), I once saw Louis Armstrong with Trummy, Peanuts, Danny, Billy and Thelma. I don’t know who the bass player was but it was not Arvel.

For some reason the publicity didn’t get out, it was about 1958 or 9, in a hall that seated 2,000 in Sacramento, there was maybe 30 to 50 people there. Instead of sitting in our seats, we just stood around the stage, and during the intermission, hung out with the musicians back stage. Louis put on a show as if the place was packed – Never let up for a minute. It was one of the thrills of my lifetime.

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551

On why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant:
"Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."
-Lawrence Peter (Yogi) Berra