[Dixielandjazz] Doom?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:01:40 PDT 2014

Doom?  A dying art?
I'm just listening to an 88fm (an Israeli station) broacast of a young
band, The Betty Bears.  Perhaps not for the mouldiest among us (not quite
for me, either, because there is so much singing), but they are all young.
According to the radio, they all are students at the Jerusalem Conservatory
and started the band in 2013.  The violinist Omer Ashano (not sure of the
spelling) is in his early twenties (at least in early 2013 he was still in
compulsory military service), and is an excellent jazz players.  He also
plays with the Gypsy Swing group La Moustache.  I heard him at the monthly
guitar jam sessions at the Dancing Camel brewing pub - great beer (my
favourite, Leche del Diablo, may not be the gringo taste).

I wish I could direct you to the broadcast, but the website on which it can
be opened is in Hebrew, and I don't know how to give a snapshot (wich
probably would not penetrate DJML anyway).
Cheers