[Dixielandjazz] most recorded title

J McClernan mcclernan1 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 2 18:18:22 PST 2014

If you are talking about the most recorded tune of ANY kind, I believe Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" holds that honor.
Cheers,
John

"Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of a bagpipe."
	~ Lee Trevino

On Mar 2, 2014, at 7:20 PM, Dick Baker wrote:

I have always heard that "Star Dust/Stardust" is the most recorded title ever.  Right now, Wikipedia hedges that, calling it "one of the most recorded":

"Stardust" is an American <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Popular_song>popular song composed in 1927 by <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Hoagy_Carmichael>Hoagy Carmichael with lyrics added in 1929 by <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Mitchell_Parish>Mitchell Parish. Originally titled "Star Dust", Carmichael first recorded the song at the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Gennett_Records>Gennett Records studio in <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Richmond,_Indiana>Richmond, Indiana. The song, "a song about a song about love",[1] played in an idiosyncratic melody in medium tempo, became an <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Great_American_Songbook>American standard, and is considered one of the most recorded songs of the 20th century, with over 1,500 total recordings.[2]

--
    Dick Baker
djml at dickbaker.org