[Dixielandjazz] Star Dust

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Sun Mar 2 16:20:47 PST 2014

I have always heard that "Star Dust/Stardust" is the most recorded
title ever.  Right now, Wikipedia hedges that, calling it "one of the
most recorded":

"Stardust" is an American
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Popular_song>popular song
composed in 1927 by
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Hoagy_Carmichael>Hoagy Carmichael
with lyrics added in 1929 by
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Mitchell_Parish>Mitchell Parish.
Originally titled "Star Dust", Carmichael first recorded the song at
the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Gennett_Records>Gennett
Records studio in
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Richmond,_Indiana>Richmond,
Indiana. The song, "a song about a song about love",[1] played in an
idiosyncratic melody in medium tempo, became an
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Great_American_Songbook>American
standard, and is considered one of the most recorded songs of the
20th century, with over 1,500 total recordings.[2]

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org