[Dixielandjazz] PD Tunes

Kevin Yeates kyeates at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 20:10:56 PDT 2014

" I have a Canadian made fakebook called the Creole Jazz Band Fake Book vol 1, and the intro claims to have
included only public domain tunes, ..."

I put together that fakebook and based the statement of everything being out of copyright based on the 1923 rule in the USA. I used that as the US tends to be very litigious.

The lads and I are presently working volume 2 which will have all of the mistakes in Vol1 corrected (hopefully) as well as adding several tunes and putting in verses for more of the tunes that were already there. It will also have a version for instruments in F, along with the present versions in C treble, C bass, Bb, Eb, and Low bass (tuba).

When it is ready to go I will let everyone know.

Kevin Yeates
Vancouver,Canada