[Dixielandjazz] Fw: C soprano

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 28 13:12:37 PDT 2014

My adviser on saxophones is heading for New Orleans but left me, for possible assistance to Maestro Bryce,  the blest pair of sopranolinks below. Misplaced the off-line address -- but this shouldn't inconvenience other listfolk.
http://forum.saxontheweb.net/archive/index.php/t-12681.html
http://www.aquilasax.com/C_soprano.html

They may be no news to anybody, but my informant's oboist in one ensemble she works with plays harmonica (and I don't mean in addition to...).

And then of course there was Stanley Dance's line about turning up at a festival and hearing a familiar sound...

' "Scotland is represented," we inquired?"

Thus alienating Scotspersons and devotees of a soprano saxophonist dedicatee of a certain Ellington composition.
Who had earlier recorded as a sideman with Johnny Hodges.
But never so far as I am aware on oboe.  Always rather liked Yusef Lateef's "Oboe Blues"

Robert R. Calder