[Dixielandjazz] DJML Facebook Page

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 08:19:16 PST 2014

Hi Gary,
I wish most  school "jazz" bands played swing.  I may be wrong, of course,
not living in the States, but my impression so far has been that they play
"modern jazz," not swing (since you are relatively new to the list, perhaps
I should mention that I canno cout more than three and therefore consider
"modern" as applied to art a four letter word).
I do not understand the difference between "swing" and "big band style."
Even though there were pre-swing big bands, and then "progressive" jazz,
big bands are usually idntified with swing.
Cheers