[Dixielandjazz] To All DJML Members

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Wed Jan 15 08:12:27 PST 2014

Marek Boym wrote:

> ... FB is for people who either need it for business
> or do not want any privacy.

But avoiding FB because we think everything we do in our lives is so
important that the rest of the world wants to steal it, is simply
delusional.

If we're trying to spread the word that Traditional Jazz is NOT dead -- that
it IS vibrant music that everyone can like and enjoy -- then PRIVACY should
not be our goal. We should be shouting our message from the rooftops. A
private, closed email list is just the opposite -- nothing but preaching to
the choir.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers