[Dixielandjazz] GNP Crescendo - Variety, January 8, 2014

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 12 14:27:02 PST 2014

Stan Brager wrote:
> I grew up listening to Gene Norman ... One of the first Norman recordings I bought was a concert he produced at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in 1947 featuring Lionel Hampton and the All Stars.

Dear Stan,
I grew up not listening to 'the Cresendos' so, sadly, it was quite a few years before I heard that Hampton "Stardust".
For those listmates who are wondering what we are talking about, here is the YouTube link:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZENYQK-aIA
Charlie Shavers (trumpet), Willie Smith (alto sax), Corky Corcoran (tenor sax), Lionel Hampton (vibraphone), Tommy Todd (piano), Barney Kessel (guitar), Slam Stewart (bass) and Lee Young (drums).
I'm playing it now.
Very kind regards,
Bill.