[Dixielandjazz] Prototype DJML Forum

Augustine Daniel ds.augustine at utexas.edu
Sat Jan 11 18:17:10 PST 2014

Bill (and DJML)--
    If you're using Firefox (possibly because that appeared to be the default), but you want to use Safari instead, and want to transfer the Firefox bookmarks to Safari, here's how.
    You can export your Firefox bookmarks and save them on your desktop (or elsewhere).
    Then you can import those bookmarks into Safari.

    To export Firefox bookmarks, click on "Show All Bookmarks" under the Bookmarks word in the Firefox menu-bar at the top of the screen.  On the resulting page, click on the 4th box from the left in the top bar (the box that looks like a 5-pointed star or something).  The popup window has an item that says "Export Bookmarks to HTML...".  Highlight that and save the bookmarks file somewhere easy to get to (like your desktop).
    Then in Safari, click on the File menu and highlight "Import Bookmarks...".  A window will open of files, so choose "Desktop" (on the left) and then highlight the Firefox bookmarks file that you saved to the desktop, and click on the "Import" button in the lower right-hand corner of the popup window.
    Voila!

    Dan
On Jan 11, 2014, at 5:26 PM, Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Daniel S. Augustine wrote:
> Bill, it "forces" you to use Firefox?  On my Mac I'm using Safari on it with no problems.

Dear Dan,
Yes. When I opened it up initially it went to Firefox.
So I assumed I had no option.
Thank you for that information.
I'll attempt to change it over now.
And may try and transfer other 'Firefox' sites, like Matt Chauvin's excellent 20s/30s Jazz daily video 'messages'.
Kind regards,
Bill.

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**  "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet." -- St. Augustine (354-430)