[Dixielandjazz] FW: To All DJML Members

Ulf Jagfors ulf.jagfors at telia.com
Fri Jan 10 00:49:34 PST 2014

 I for myself attend a dozen of FB sites as well as a few Yahoo groups and
mail lists. Some of them are pretty informative and some of them have a low
activity. I see FB as a mean of more open social information but with a lot
of irritating shortcomings like automatic friends?? request, e-mail
notifications and more than worse unfriendly page handling. I hope that when
the FB fades away, like Myspace has done, and it will within a few year from
now, something better and smarter will occur on the Net.

Some of the lists I attend are both on mailing list and on FB. That means
that you have to watch and send your messages to BOTH list to cover all
attendants. That is a major drawback.

Here are two classic jazz FB lists I attend for your information. Both are
very active with always a stream of interesting information.

Come on and Stomp https://www.facebook.com/groups/205416762846227/
New Orleans Music https://www.facebook.com/groups/205416762846227/

Do I like FB. No, by no means, it is a mess. But no doubt there are few
alternative just now for wide spread open social communication.

Ulf in Stockholm, who just to-day got our first inch of snow this year. We
should have had at least two three feet this time of the year. Strange
weather indeed.