[Dixielandjazz] Clancy Hayes

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 7 16:06:31 PST 2014

<anasmits at ziggo.nl> wrote:
> Good Evening,
> I have become alot of tracks named
> Clancy Hayes Calling Dr. Jazz
> Tracks
> Dr Jazz, Ace in the Hole, I wish I was in Preoria, Shim-Me-Sa Wabble, etc.

Dear Guus,
As you will have discovered, googling "Clancy Hayes Calling Dr. Jazz" is a waste of time.
I suspect that what you have may be a private compilation.
I checked out the recordings of the lesser known songs in Clancy's repertoire (Shim-Me-Sha Wabble, I'm Coming Virginia, Long Gone, George Washington and Ten to One it's Tennessee) and all are from different record sources.
Trying to sort out your list from the files/recordings I have would be almost impossible, as Clancy Hayes recorded some of the songs many times.
Hopefully, a Clancy Hayes' fan and DJML listmate (Mike Logsdon?) will have , or know of, a source recording called "Clancy Hayes Calling Dr. Jazz".
Very kind regards,
Bill.