[Dixielandjazz] uniforms

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Mon Feb 10 08:32:52 PST 2014

Roy Taylor wrote:

> There is something positive about at least dressing to look alike.

I agree.

> We have resorted to solid colored shirts with the band name
> monogrammed on the pocket and either black or tan pants
> with black sneakers.

We have four different Zinfandel Stompers uniforms:

* Burgundy dress shirt with identical "zinfandel grapes" neckties (which I
found online), and tan pants
* Burgundy polo shirts with the band logo above the pocket, and tan pants
* White dress shirts with the band logo above the pocket, and tan pants
* Hawaiian shirt of any kind, and tan pants

As band leader, I own the burgundy polo shirts and the white dress shirts --
about 8 or 9 of each in a variety of sizes, to allow for "subs" who wear a
size different from the person they're replacing for a gig -- and I own the
"zinfandel grapes" neckties.

I recently saw some great "wine theme" Hawaiian shirts with a burgundy
background, and I'd like to buy a bunch of them, but at $70 each, I'm
waiting for the price to come down.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers