[Dixielandjazz] uniforms

J McClernan mcclernan1 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 9 09:22:05 PST 2014

Most bands miss the point that since the advent of MTV in the early 80s, audiences listen to music with their eyes. We morphed from a nation of music listeners into a nation of music watchers. It was even apparent in the middle school where I taught for 20 years.
My 2¢.
John M

On Feb 9, 2014, at 5:31 AM, Dingo wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: Pat Ladd

> These mobs who wander on stage in different degrees of scruffiness........

That just about sums up the Rimington Band circa 1979/80 during my time with
them but, as I recall, it didn't effect the band's ability to play some good jazz nor bother our audiences.
~~
John D