[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland v. Trad Jazz

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 23:25:12 PST 2014

Bob you are entitled to your opinion. but many of us  who play the music disagree especially with your simplicity description.

It is some our opinions the difference between Black American Traditional Creation of the music and White interpretations of it.

The Original Dixieland Jazz Band did not invent Traditional Jazz they were simply the First Band allowed to record it by a White Label
that would not even consider recording a Black band at that time in history.

Cheers

Tom Wiggins
and da boys in da band
Saint Gabriels Celestial Brass Band