[Dixielandjazz] Terry Teachout's column about Johnny Mercer--Arts Journal--RESPONSES FROM GLENN ZOTTOLA, BILL HAESLER AND GIACOMO GATES

Norman Vickers NVickers1 at cox.net
Tue Dec 23 17:44:13 PST 2014

To: DJML and Musicians & Jazzfans list

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Thanks for the responses from trumpeter/saxophonist Glenn Zottola;
Australian discographer, washboardist and "arbiter of esoteric jazz
questions" Bill Haesler; and jazz vocalist Giacomo Gates.

I forgot to mention that Teachout's column was a re-run from 2004-still
timely.  One other book,.  Johnny Mercer:: The Life, Times and Song Lyrics
of Our Huckleberry Friend Paperback - February 3, 2009by
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=Ginger
+Mercer&search-alias=books&text=Ginger+Mercer&sort=relevancerank> Ginger
Mercer (Author)  IS A REVISED BOOK ORIGINALLY BY Bob Bach and Ginger Mercer
1982.  I had the original one, out of print, given to me by Jean Bach .

Thanks all.

Norman