[Dixielandjazz] Roy Crimmins RIP

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl
Fri Aug 29 03:13:59 PDT 2014

Once again an old "hero" of mine from many years ago when Roy indeed
played
with the Alex Welsh Band. Later - in Switzerland - he made some lp's under
the name Roy King, one with Sir Charles Thompson.
During the last few months more British musicians died: late May bass
player
Dick Smith, who played a short time with Ken Colyer and for 10 years with
Chris Barber. And In June Micky Cook died. He played with the bands of
Terry
Lightfoot, Keith Smith and Acker Bilk.
But as they say: Happily we still have the music!
Gerard Bielderman

Marek wrote:
I have just received the sad news that Roy Crimmins of the Alex Welsh Band
fame passed away yesterday of pneumonia.
In addtion to being a great player, among the best there were, he was a
personal friend.
Blessed be his memory,
Marek