[Dixielandjazz] How Long Do CDs Last? - NPR

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Sun Aug 24 08:18:26 PDT 2014

The issue to remember about disc drives is that they are mechanical devices
which are on and operating all the time the computer is on (wear and tear)
unless one only attaches the hard drive to the computer when needed. I've
had to replace many hard drives - only a few CDs have failed. That said the
best back up is in the cloud with a reliable cloud service such as Google,
Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox, etc. These services provide backup for companies
large and small as well as you and I. They also have multiple backups of
each file stored, the best equipment and highly technical people who make
certain that our files are safe.

Stan
Stan Brager