[Dixielandjazz] So Traditional Jazz is Dead ????

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 08:40:30 PDT 2014

Here is this week's Music Poll from Off Beat Magazine
Fortunately the working bands do not agree.
My Brass  Band plays good music from the top 5 categories listed
which has a lot to do with why we work all the time.

Heading off today to Play a Big Company Picnic for Google
Life is Good on the Sunny Side of the Street

Lez Bon Temps Roulez !!

Tom Wiggins
and da boys in da band
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band

Here are the results of last week's poll:

If you had only ONE NIGHT to enjoy live music in New Orleans, what kind of music would you go out to hear?

Listed from highest to lowest
(some surprises here!)

Traditional jazz.......25.4%

Brass band..............16.3
 Contemporary jazz...6.3
Singer-Songwriter.....3.6
Pop, Rock, Dance, Electronic/DJ and Cover Bands got zero votes.
Over 8% mentioned "other," with the most predominant being New Orleans R&B.