[Dixielandjazz] Recorder

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Aug 19 06:52:38 PDT 2014

I  record all of our gigs using a Tascam DR-40 Linear PCM Recorder in
stereo.  The gadget is not terribly expensive, extremely small, will hold
two sets of 45 minutes no problem on a 2 GB card (supplied).  Put one of
those twisty, tiny tripod camera holders on the back, stick it somewhere on
stage, spread open it's two mikes & set to record (using .wav).  The .wav is
cd quality, and can always be bounced down to mp3 for mailing around
samples.

Most of what I record I dump without listening, but save the occassional
good song, if I recall one that stood out particularly during a gig.  I have
an mp3 clip of "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" featuring our young Russian
sub trumpeter who is quite outstanding. If anyone wishes to hear it, let me
know & I'll post it off to you by email.

Jim