[Dixielandjazz] YouTube postings

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Aug 6 14:13:14 PDT 2014

Bob, It would be nice to place the camera to where people are not walking or dancing in front of the camera. However, the folks filming the band are very lucky to even be able to film for free, let alone place the camera high enough so that people are not walking or dancing in front of it.

In the first place, the band can only be filmed if all members of the band gives their permission.

Secondly, raising the camera up high would interfere with folks in the venue who have paid money to see and hear the band.

Remember, these are amateurs filming with amateur equipment. The farther away they get from the band, the less you will be able to see and hear of the band.

By filming the band, copyright laws are probably being broken also, so the filming has to be kept somewhat inconspicuous.

Most bands will let themselves be filmed as it is good advertisement for them to be seen all over the world. As a courtesy to them, it would be nice if you and others would purchase the band’s CDs.

Best,

-Bob Ringwald
Fulton Street Jazz Band
Sacramento CA USA