[Dixielandjazz] Battle of Trombones

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:42:42 PDT 2014

Thank you, Dan.
Aviv Raveh, the trumpet player with our Goodtime Jazz, doubled on valve
saxophone, and I might have seen Dan BArrett play that horn, but nobody
else.
Is it Ernie CAceres on clarinet?  I couldn't recognize the clarinet player.
Wild Bill DAvison and Jis Jazzologists played a number composed as a
tribute to Brad - "Blues for Brad," with a wonderful Lou McGArity solo.  I
must admit never being able to tell McGarity and Cutshall apart aurally;
both sound the same to me.  There tow other pairs like that: Eddie Lockjaw
DAvis and Illinois Jacquet, and Zoot Sims and Al Cohn in their post-cool
period, when they started playing jazz again.
Cheers
(Just heard Hal Smith's Rhyhmakers and had a Pauvel Kwak to go with it -
both excellent.  Unfortunately, I haven't those fancy Kwak glasses, but the
beer was great anyway)