[Dixielandjazz] Molly Ryan's Hot New Jazz Album - Help Make It Happen!

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Apr 24 13:26:25 PDT 2014

From: Dan Levinson
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:02 PM
To: rsr at ringwald.com
Subject: Molly Ryan's Hot New Jazz Album - Help Make It Happen!

Dear Friends,

As you've seen, I don't list other artists' performances on my calendar. The "Dan Levinson Performance Schedule" is just that. But this is a little different. My favorite vocalist in the world (and my wife, as fate would have it), Molly Ryan, launched a Kickstarter campaign for her new jazz album about three weeks ago. For those of you unfamiliar with Kickstarter, Kickstarter is an online crowdfunding platform. Its mission is to help bring creative projects to life. In today's world, the "record labels" that once flourished have almost completely ceased to exist. So, often, the only way an artist can fund a project is to go directly to his/her audience.

Molly has a star-studded cast lined up for her sessions on May 19th and 20th - pianists Dick Hyman and Mark Shane, trumpeters Randy Reinhart and Bria Skonberg, trombonist Dan Barrett, guitarist John Reynolds, bassists Joel Forbes and Mike Weatherly, drummer Kevin Dorn, and...well...yours truly. Her engineer is Grammy Award-winner Stewart Lerman, who has engineered all four seasons of the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire." It's hard to imagine topping her last album, "Swing for Your Supper," but she's going to do it. This one's going to be a masterpiece.

Molly's Kickstarter goal is $20,000. That amount may seem ambitious, but in reality it doesn't even cover the final cost of producing a CD after you factor in artists' and arrangers' fees, engineering fees, studio fees, travel and accommodations for out-of-town musicians, artwork, liner notes, manufacturing, and promotion once the product is finished.

Backers receive rewards and are offered special experiences in exchange for their pledges - in addition, of course, to a copy of the finished product. The quantity and value of these rewards and experiences increases with the amount pledged. "Diamond Benefactors" can choose a song for Molly to record, which will be available on the download version of the album, in addition to other rewards. For "Global Diamond Benefactors," Molly and I will perform a private concert in your home!

It's important to understand that Kickstarter is all or nothing - if a project doesn't reach its goal, the artist gets none of the pledged amount. Molly has less than a week to reach her goal - her campaign ends at noon on Thursday, May 1.

Please visit Molly's Kickstarter page at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mollyryan/molly-ryans-hot-new-jazz-album-and-music-video?ref=live and watch her short video about the project. You can alternatively use the short link in the image above: www.tinyurl.com/mollysings.

Thank you!

I'll be putting together my monthly performance schedule over the next few days, and you'll be receiving that shortly.

Dan

www.danlevinson.com

 Forward this email to a Friend
      One-Click Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to rsr at ringwald.com,
      by DanLevinson at aol.com

      Update Address/Profile | Email Privacy Policy
      Dan Levinson | 27 Washington Square North, #4D | New York | NY | US | 10011