[Dixielandjazz] Art Hodes reviewed NPR 6-Minute Segment

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:41:23 PDT 2014

Thank you, Bob!  This is interesting and the critic seems to know his
subject - a welcome deviation from the rule!
Forwardin it to a friend who is a long time Hodes devotee.
And one comment - Hodes is an impossible hame for a Russian, since the "h"
sound does not exist in that language.  They call Hitler "Gitler."
However, the same letter which in Russian is "G" is an "h" in Ukrainian,
which has no "g" sound.  And Hodes is from the Ukraine, which until the
revolurion was a part of the Russian empire, and thereafter became a Soviet
Republic.
Cheers