[Dixielandjazz] Bohem RAgtime & Jazz FEstival 2014

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 03:57:09 PDT 2014

On 12/04/14 04:53, Robert Ringwald wrote:
> Glad to hear our good friend Tamas Ittzes has put on another really good Jazz Festival. ives, please visit:

And the icing on the cake: in addition to the great music, there's
always an opportunity for visitors to extend the trip. This year before
heading to Budapest, we spent a night in the  Lake Balaton area; which
was even lovelier than I'd imagined. Bogi, who organises the tour, has
amazing contacts,  we had a private wine tasting (guzzling really) with
a wonderful meal, were collected next day from our hotel for a train
ride around the town and taken by boat to our final Balaton destination.
As for Budapest; just being there is a great experience, the
architecture is stunning. Apart from tips, chocolate and snacks, the
tour price covered just about everything so start saving for next year.
Thanks to Tamas, Bogi and all the others who make the experience so special.

Tamas and the Bohems will be in the UK in August; they're booked for
Pershore festival Sat 16th and Sun 17th and will be playing in our
village hall near Oxford on Mon 18th. Check their website for other dates.

Meanwhile, we're trying to arrange to go to the Bank festival in June
but details are a bit sparse at the moment. Tony fancies driving (on the
wrong side of the road:-) ) in the quiet countryside. Gigs are a bit
slow these days so we like to go and listen to others and steal their songs.

Hope the sun is shining for you,

Jude

www.judyeames.co.uk