[Dixielandjazz] Did King Oliver write "Sweet Mumtaz"?

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 23:13:37 PDT 2013

I am not certain that either of these comments have anything to add, but I
have seen the word Mumtaz often in lists of Klezmer tunes, so it may be an
adaptation of a traditional tune; and less likely -  Mumtaz Sweet has
worked at Nabada (Manager), studied at muqdisho and is from Muqdisho,
Banaadir, Somalia (according to Google ;-)
)

David Richoux