[Dixielandjazz] Brian Ferry In The UK

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 05:10:32 PDT 2013

Hi Robert,

Jill and I purchased the CD upon its release some time ago. We like it,
although it's very different from the Roxy Music (Brian Ferry's original
band) recordings - which we also love!

The Musos on the new CD are british jazzers of a very high order:-
Enrico Tomasso - cnt & tpt
Malcolm Earle Smith - tbn
Richard White - alto and bass sax + clt and bass clt
Robert Fowler - tnr & clt
Alan Barnes - baritone & clt
Martin Wheatley - bjo & gtr
John Sutton - dms
Chris Laurence - sbs
Frank Ricotti - percusion
Colin Good - pno & arrangements
with
Victoria Sutherland - vln
Emma Parker - vln
Sarah Chapman - vla
Emma Owens - vla
Katy Cox - Cello

>From my perspective it's great to see "Pop" stars venturing into other
fields. You could do worse than to google some of the musos to see their
pedigree and also (preparing to run for cover) checking out some of the Roxy
Music on You-Tube or Spotify, especially the delicious "Virginia Plain"

Best

Louis