[Dixielandjazz] Curzio Boogie Woogie

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:57:08 PDT 2013

> Marek was asking about the supposed Boogie Woogie LP on the Italian label,
> a sort of book club thing.

I am not sure what "a sort of book club thing" is, but the LP was
commercially issued.  100 items are listed on the back cover.  Many - like
their Miles Davis LP - I would not consider jazz.  The series includes Rex
Stewart's Berlin recordings made shortly after WWII, and quite a few
Suprafon (a Czech label) issues of American stars (Wild Bill, Sutton,
Albert Nicholas) with Czech bands (The Prague Traditional Jazz Studio, the
Classic Jazz Collegium), and more.  I've just listened to a Jonah Jones LP,
which might have been recorded by Black and Blue (both the year and the
line-up are given).

> ...Lloyd Glenn,

I heard Glenn in Nice, and he ploayed mostly boogi woogie.

Cheers