[Dixielandjazz] Bob Greene RIP

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 02:45:29 PDT 2013

Yesterday it was on Jazz on You Tube, but I do not recall seeing any
announcements or obits on the list.
The late Bob Greene had an LP "The World of Jelly Roll Morton" issued in
the CLASSICAL RCA series, which then caused quite a stir in the jazz
world.  He toured with that band both in the States and, slightly later and
with a slightly different lineup (not all the original musicians could
participate) in the UK.
He recorded with quite a few traditional musicians, wrote the liner notes
to the Milestone double album of Jelly Roll Morton, and was considered one
of the top authorities on Morton's music.  He visited Israel not long ago
and played here with the New Orleans Function.  He was a very friendly,
outgoing person, and I'll miss him.  I am sure to play a record of his at
my forthcoming jazz evening.
Blessed be his memory