[Dixielandjazz] Biographer Finds Some Dissonance in Ellington's Life

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 23:32:37 PDT 2013

There is nothing new here, Bach and Mozart allready borrowed melodies that were developped by others.Still they are considered great composers.

Why does nobody hold it against them?
Apparently the way the harmonised them still made them unique? Didn't Ellington do exactly the same then?
Ellington was even more unique in working decades with the same orchestra that HE kept running, even if neccesairy on his own financial loss. Name me another composer who did have that same feats.
Kind regards,
Bert

The