[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Glenn Miller - St. Louis Blues March

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Sat Oct 26 12:13:12 PDT 2013

Colin;

The same or nearly the same arrangement was used in the film. The difference
was that the initial recording was made on the V-Disc label (government) in
1944 with Captain Glenn Miller and his AAF band while the Miller story band
consisted of other musicians. I really don't know if there was any effort
for the movie studio to use the original musicians. I would also imagine
that the fidelity of the movie's version was much better. The movie was a
fictionalized account of Miller - in the '50s, many liberties were taken by
the studios especially for the stories of famous big band leaders such as
the Dorsey Brothers, Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman.

Stan
Stan Brager