[Dixielandjazz] Duke Ellington - A Life By Terry Teachout

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 12:30:58 PDT 2013

DEar Steve,
I really like your review, even though I am not sure whether I agree with
the "apposite" in connection with describing "Ko-Ko" as the Duke's
"greatest three minute masterpiece."  But de gustibus non disputandum est.
I definitely have other preferences.
I have never liked the really long compsitions, but both "Reminscing in
Tempo" and "Creole Rhapsody" seem to belie Joe Wilder's evaluation.
Cheers