[Dixielandjazz] The fires in Australia

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 21 14:30:13 PDT 2013

> This is for all the antipodian listmates: I hope you are all well and
> safe,
> and my thoughts are with you.
> Best wishes,
> Marek
> _________
Thanks Marek, the biggest fire started at the east end of the city in which
I live, but fortunately the westerly winds blew it and the smoke away from
us. Since then we've been living in a cloud of smoke and fines ashes - we
can live with that.  It's now spread 20 or thirty miles towards the coast
and we are not in danger. For now anyway - January and February are the real
bushfire months. . Sadly can't can't say the same for many other towns and
villages in its path. I don't know of any listmates likely to be affected,
but there are a number of jazz people who could be affected. Tomorrow is the
big danger day.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell