[Dixielandjazz] practishing drunk

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 13:24:19 PDT 2013

When I saw Zoot Sims in Nice in 1977, he was always holding either a glass
of wine or beer,  He looked sober enough at 5PM when the proceeding
commenced, but after an hour or two his face was all read and his hands
were shaking.  Unitl it was his time to play.  Then his hands steadied and
he played very well indeed.  But, as soon as his solo was over, it was back
to the drink and shaking hands.
Cheers