[Dixielandjazz] Tune: I Like Beer & Tom T. Hall

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Tue Oct 15 09:26:52 PDT 2013

Not O.K.O.M., so if you're a purist, delete now.

Besides the "I Like Beer" tune, Tom T. Hall did lots of whimsical tunes.
Some of my favorites were recorded a great L.P. (yes, a "record") with
Banjoman Earl Scruggs back in the 1980's called "The Storyteller and the
Banjoman." It featured a number of interesting tunes, including titles such
as "Song of the South, Don't This Road Look Rough and Rocky, There Ain't No
Country Music on this Juke Box, and The Engineers Don't Wave From the Trains
Anymore."

Around the time that L.P. came out, I was booked for a gig with my Banjo
Barons Ragtime Band trio at a local museum which was featuring a model train
exhibit, and they asked me to do some train songs. So I included the train
song from the above list. I had lots of great comments about the song at the
event.

Thanks to the list members for posting this video and the comments about Tom
T. Hall. It brought back some great memories.

Mike Woitowicz, Banjoist
Solo Banjo Music Shows
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band