[Dixielandjazz] Chico Hamilton RIP

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Nov 27 14:32:00 PST 2013

I remember attending a Choco Hamilton concert in Sacramento in the late 50s. What a fantastic group. I was mesmerized by their musicianship, arrangements, etc. As I remember, there was a stringed instrument like a cello, guitar, bass & of course drums. Seems as if there was another instrument like maybe a sax, but can’t remember. Very modern and very interesting.

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass,
and I'm just the one to do it." -- A congressional candidate in Texas .